Thursday, January 31, 2013

Rain, Rain, Rain, and more Rain! :)

On days like today I'm thankful for our huge sump pump and electricity ;)  
Yesterday I checked the pit and although it was pretty full, it wasn't full enough to run yet.  We had it all set up to kick on when it needed to.  This morning I got up and while Doug was getting ready for work, I ran downstairs to check on things and we had maybe 1 or 2 inches of water standing on the floor.  Nothing bad, of course more than we would like, but we have had worse!  




It must have just hit a tough spot this morning because as you can see it has the water all sucked down now.  It will be a day or so before it starts shutting off, but for now I'm just thankful its doing its job!


The rain has since turned into HIGH winds and snow.  That should slow the water down some.  Hopefully the power lines stay up so that we don't have to start the generator and start running extension cords.  
Here is our pond we have going on in our backyard and then the field too.

Ooops, we sprang a leak in the hose.

I love our pump :)

 Stay warm and dry!

No comments: