Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our trip to MY Grandma and Grandpa's house :)

I need to go home more often...I decided that this month when we made out trip "home".  Other than the fact that Doug got sick the day after we got there, the trip was perfect.  We got to spend the day with my grandparents who are AMAZING!  I can't imagine my life without them.  I have sooo many great memories with them and their house is chuck full of them.  From the moment you walk in the door I'm flooded.  The smells, the sounds, ok...I'm getting sappy now!

Grandma made us a cake!

Their house looked so beautiful all decorated for Christmas!



We used to get Grandma a house for her village every year.  I remember picking this one out....of course its a stable :)

And of course she needed a horse to go with it!

I love their mantle and the painting above it...always have!

I painted this and gave it to Grandma and Grandpa.  I can't remember how old I was when I did it, but its the closest I'll ever get to being artistic :)

I used to sit in the "playroom" and stare at this picture, imagining that one day I would be one of those guys driving those horse!  Yeah!  I was a dreamer ;)

Another memory...

Grandma and Grandpa's house was no different than any other Grandparents house...always had goodies!  At Christmas time, this sleigh was always full of kisses with Santa.

I remember dressing this duck for the current holiday so many times... I was all impressed Grandma had her done :)

Yup, I'm spoiled!

Madalyn gets her love of frogs from someone...


It might seem funny but even the sound of those doors is a memory.

I love my Grandpa! :)  It's so awesome to see my two "little" girls sit where I used to sit EVERY time I could :)


Marissa stole Grandpa's nose


Reading Grandma a story...it won't be long and she won't be able to do that anymore!



So Madalyn had to curl up with Daddy and "read" too!

Madalyn looks so big in this picture!

Grandma and her girls!

This was an oops, but I love it!


More of Grandma's village ;)






OK, I'm ready to go back!

4 comments:

TheTwoThomas said...

Wow - makes me miss it <3 so many great memories. Very cute to see the girls with them : )

Anonymous said...

OK - Now you got me crying!!! Can I have copies of ALL these pictures - even the shower doors because you know what? They are memories and I want to keep them close forever! Thank you for posting these, Sarah. Although tears are streaming down my face, I had a treasure this morning <3

Sarah Benedict said...

I'm going to make copies of the pictures of the girls and them for Grandma too, so I'll make some of all of them for you!

Sarah Benedict said...

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the kitchen floor and counter top too. But I can do that later :)