Thursday, January 17, 2013

Praying


As we go through life, many things "block" our way.  We feel trapped, depressed, and alone.  But time after time, God is there to pick us up, encourage us and get us back on our way.  I've been here many times.  I hate the feeling of having no way out.  I hate feeling alone.  Generally it overtakes my life no matter how long it lasts, and I struggle to find my feet.  Every time I reach the other side, I'm frustrated with myself when I'm "shocked" that God saw me through.  He always does, so why am I surprised?  I know sometimes I'll take a step in faith and then when I don't get the reassurance I "need", I get frustrated that the Lord isn't helping me out.  I'm selfish and impatient and I want things to go my way, in my time.  Thats all it comes down to.  
This morning I had a huge encouragement sent my way and it didn't even really concern me.  I was talking to a friend of mine who was just have a down day.  Things are getting tight and the walls feel like they are closing.  I tried to encourage her, knowing that I have been there before I HATE that feeling!  But I do know that God is faithful and its always easier to tell someone else that than to tell yourself that :) .  About an hour after we had that conversation, she called me to tell me she got called into work.  God knew she needed some encouragement and I was seriously blessed to see Him working and letting her know that He was walking right there with her.  Seriously it made my day.  I serve an awesome God and throughout the bad times and the good times, He remains faithful!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YO SO VERY MUCH, AND YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I VALUE YOUR FRIENDSHIP!!! :)

Unknown said...

*YOU