Thursday, January 10, 2013

Annual Geiger Christmas Party

Every year my dad's side of the family has a Christmas party.  I have soo many awesome memories from these parties from growing up.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to attend this family get together since 1998.  Some of my cousins and other family members, I haven't seen since then either.  I know its sad!  But life happens sometimes.  Anyhow, this year we had the ability to go, so we made it a plan.  Poor Doug ended up sick Saturday morning after Christmas so he opted for staying on my twin brother Jonathan's couch, while the rest of us piled up and headed for the party.  I promise you, I took my camera, but got totally lost in reconnecting with everyone that I never took it out.  :(  I'm very bummed and I know my parents and others were as well.  Oh well!  We had an awesome time!  I was so proud of myself for remembering most everybody from memory.  I'll do the math for you...I was only 14 when I last saw some of these people so I was doing pretty good I would say!  Especially since Dad does NOT have a small family!  He is one of...10 (I think?)  LOL  Ok, so maybe I'm not doing so good!  It was amazing and I left wanting more.  I hate that I can't see them as often as I would like and to get reunited.  The girls had a blast playing with all their little cousins and were so thrilled to find out that they have more cousins! :)  Before we left, my one cousin's oldest boy who probably is 10ish? did a comedy routine.  He did so good!  I'm kicking myself that I didn't at least get that on video!  Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.  I'm counting down the time already until next year rolls around and we can do this again!  I love family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we ALL can go next year. We'd blow them away if the 15 (I think) all were able to go :) .....wishful thinking!