Wednesday, January 30, 2013

An update :)

I need to get my camera out....
I know!
My excuse is that we haven't really had a bunch going on, although my parents were here last weekend and I had all intentions of taking pictures and that never happened.  
School is going good and the end is in view.  We are over half way done and that feels good!  We should be done by the first of May.  (Oh the pros of homeschooling...we can do school everyday that Doug is working regardless to what the public school is doing and then we get out and can enjoy the summer earlier!)  Marissa has really grown in her reading and Math skills this year.  Her favorite subject is Bible Reading according to her, although I would have guessed Animal Science.  Madalyn is picking up fast on everything and teaching her to read is going to be a breeze I think.  I know Marissa is counting down the days until Madalyn can read alone and the school environment will be a little quieter.  
Speaking of quieter, I'm loosing my younger extra kiddo on Friday.  Things will be a lot quieter around here thats for sure.  I'm not sure how I feel about that yet!  Lucas will still be hanging out with us though ;)  Its definitely going to be weird and I think I'm going to have to work on a new schedule, which is going to be weird seeing as we have had this one for the past 6 months!
Both the girls are getting so big.  They are both always wanting to help out around here.  Which I love! Madalyn always wants to help with supper and Marissa is always offering to do dishes and clean the cat pan.  Both girls are on top of feeding the dogs and are so responsible! :)  I'm so proud of them!

Our house is still on the market and we are still trying to sell it.  Doug had his one year review with Dairy One and they didn't give him the pink slip, but instead a raise so I guess they want to keep him ;) We have started looking at houses again.  Nothing serious, but keeping our eyes open.  It's nice to have a direction again.  For now anyhow!  I'm so proud of my husband and so thankful for where the Lord has brought us together.  

And just a funny phrase from Madalyn this morning to start your day...She came out from getting dressed and found her puppies on the couch.  She came over to get them and smelled them and announces, "Who sat on my puppies?"  I told her no one that I knew of and asked her why she would ask that.  She says, "Because they smell like someone sat on them!"  LOL  She is such a corker!

No comments: