Tuesday, April 26, 2016

What I'm up to today...

...I'm looking at electives for the kids as they grow!  LOL  I've been on the hunt for a NYS History curriculum.  I'm having a hard time finding anything.  I have in mind what I want, which is what I took when I was in school, only I'm not having good luck finding it!  Kind of irritating to say the least.  I wish I still had mine!  Oh well...I'll keep looking.  While I started that search, I started a list of different electives that I want the girls to take when they get to that point in time and ones that I think they might be interested in.  I've got a pretty good list so far.  Health, Business Math, Beginning and Advanced Art, Sign Language, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, and NYS History.  Our curriculum recommends 7-8 electives from 9-12th grade.  I've got plenty of time, but for some reason when Marissa is going into 6th grade this year, it got me thinking.  Seriously...how are we in 6th grade already?!  Do any of you have any other ideas of electives that you think would be beneficial to take?  I tried getting a list of good electives, I couldn't really find one.  I would love to use some electives from other curriculums to help broaden their ways of learning.

No comments: