Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Saturday...

Saturday we planned to spend the day up at Doug's parents.  Uncle Steve and Aunt Marcia were in from Maine and Brian was up as well for the Snirt Run.  Kenny and Laurie came up with Kaitlin, Kelcey, and Kole as well.  The house was full!  It was a beautiful day, so we decided that a bike ride was definitely in order.  We had a blast.  We tested a new path to the house, and even the dogs enjoyed the run.  We got to the house just in time to see Mom, Dad, Uncle Steve, and Aunt Marcia heading down to see Kenny and Laurie's new barn.  So we hopped back on our bikes and rode back down there.  After riding back to Doug's parents house, we parked our bikes and headed in to cool off.  Within a few minutes, Uncle Steve peeked his head in and let me know that my back tire was flat.  This was only my second time out on my new bike so that was a bummer.  We asked Mom to pick up a patch kit while she was at Walmart, and in a very short amount of time, she was good as new!  I tested it out and it seemed good.  Doug and I rode home before dark to grab the Pilot.  It was a blast just going with him, because we could really boogie without having to wait for the girls.  Don't get me wrong, I love riding with the kids, but it was fun to just go the two of us.  That night when we took the kids bikes down, I noticed my front tire was flat.  Man!  Talk about unlucky!  We found out that that one was a defect, but was still able to patch it.  Hopefully it holds and we don't have any more mishaps for a bit.  Doug said if we continue to have problems, we will have to call the bike shop where we got it and find out what the deal is.  We are hopeful that it won't come to that though!  I'm thankful biking season is here and we have a chance to get out and enjoy the weather.  I think the girls and I are going to bike down to the voting location this afternoon after my last kiddo leaves.  We should be able to get there and back before dusk hits.  :)
***Edited to Add***
We did end up biking down to the polls, back to Doug's parents to vacinate the dogs, and then home again for dinner.  It was a great ride, although the wind was a little strong and thankfully the bike tires all held...although I haven't honestly been down to check them this morning ;/  I'm not sure what the weather holds, but maybe we can sneak in a ride this weekend!

No comments: