Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Friday Night

We already had youth group this month, but we got an email about a youth even being held in Black River so we approached the teens.  6 of them jumped on the opportunity to go, so we made plans.  Everything worked out great...my car was out of the shop in time, the girls were able to go to Doug's parents house, we had just enough to fit and max out the Pilot, etc.  
I dropped the kids off and Mom and Dad's around 4:30 and then started picking up teens.  We ended up with 5 instead of 6, which was sad, but I'm thankful we had 5!  
Honestly, heading to a different church is a little outside of my element.  I like to know exactly what to expect, and you just can't know that when you are heading some place different.  Doug was with me so that helped a ton.  When we parked, I noticed that there seemed to be quite a few vehicles, but I never expected to see 50+/- teens around behind the church!  There were teens from all over including Malone and Potsdam!  That was the biggest group I have ever seen at one of these functions!  They played a few games, ate and then we headed upstairs for the speaker.  
I was NOT prepared to receive such a blessing.  The speaker is from Massena, NY and honestly, I'm kind of jealous of those that get to here him more often.  He certainly is gifted.  It was one of those nights that you could just feel the Spirit of God moving.  Doug and I spent a good share of time praying for our teens....the ones that were there, the ones that said they were coming, and then ones that weren't able to make it.  What a blessing!
I'm so thankful for the opportunity to work with our church's teens.  
We certainly are blessed as the leaders!

No comments: