Thursday, November 29, 2012

Decorated for Christmas....

I always look forward to getting the house all Christmasy.  This year was no different.  That is until we got the tree out and remembered that our prelit tree of 6 years had gone out in sections last year and we had just put it away to deal with it this year.  Why do we always do that?!  
We had a spare strand of regular white lights to stick in the tree.  Everything worked now except the top section of the tree.  So Sunday evening after church we ran to Walmart to pick up another package of the regular white lights.  Only problem is, our Walmart is retarded and they had about 400 boxes of Blue lights, but not one box of white, unless we wanted 4 foot or 40 foot.  Neither of which was going to work.  So I got this bright idea ...... Doug loves blue, so how about if we buy one box of blue lights and we switch lights out and have random blue lights throughout the tree?  Great idea right?  
Laugh it up now!
We started working on our project at 8pm.  Of course EVERY BLASTED light strand has a different base and apparently there is a difference in light bulbs as well because some places on the tree the new bulbs wouldn't work.  We finished our project at 11:30.  My fingers were still bruised by the end of Monday.  However, even though it was a huge pain and took a lot longer than anticipated, the tree looks awesome and it was well worth the effort!  Because of the length of time, and of course the fact that I was helping trying to get that thing done as soon as possible since the kids really wanted to decorate it that night as well, I have no pictures of that night.  Sorry!
And unfortunately, we had to send the kids to bed without decorating the tree.  
I let them decorate it Monday morning first thing.  It would have been nicer if Daddy was there, but its just part of the deal.  They did it by themselves, minus the really tip top of the tree, which was the only part that Marissa couldn't reach.  They did a great job!  





All done!


Another one of my pinterest projects.  I made my mother in law and mom one of these, and then made one for each of my doors in red and a white one for my living room.    
Simple and I love it!  I don't have a step by step picture illustration, but if you want to learn how to make your own, you can go here for full details and instructions.


I love my silhouette collection wrap of the nativity scene!









My favorite decoration





I love my Christmas Marine Bear from my little brother Caleb and his wife Cristale and my nephew Casen :)


I wish there was a way I could validate keeping this out all year :)
  I love how squishy it is!







We got a decent 1st REAL snowfall on Sunday night.  
Nothing major but we are officially white!


I love this snowflake with the red against the white.  At night when the house is lit up, it looks awesome :)

Here is a picture of our snowfall amount :)

And here are some pictures of everything all lit at night :)




2 comments:

TheTwoThomas said...

It looks so good! I love your lights and your tree looks awesome! & I love the snowflakes, they turned out really cool : )

Anonymous said...

<3