Wednesday, November 11, 2015

So thankful

Sometimes its easy to forget all that was and is sacrificed for us as we go about our every day routine.  We get caught up in all that we have and forget all that was given up so that we are able to have stuff.  

We all know someone that has served or is currently serving.  That job isn't for everyone, but I'm thankful for the men and women who give up to serve our country.  

I'm especially thankful to my little brother for everything he did.  I know it wasn't easy and I don't the half of it, but I know it was a sacrifice and I'm grateful that he made that decision.  Thank you Caleb!  I'm also thankful for his wife.  Cristale, you gave up a lot as well and I know that period of time was hard on you, yet you stood by Caleb as he served.  

Take some time today to thank a Veteran!   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome post, Sarah. I never knew the sacrifice until Caleb entered the Marines - the sacrifice to them and their spouses/families. I also have to admit that I don't even know the half of it, so imagine the sacrifice beyond what we can 'see.' <3