Monday, August 10, 2015

Lewis County Parade

I say this every year, but this is the highlight of the kids' year!  They love the parade.  I really didn't want to go to the parade this year.  It was Doug's first day gone of his two weeks in Mexico and I really didn't want to sit at a parade with a bunch of families.  I know that sounds bad, but that is just how I felt.  My friend Beth encouraged me and told me she really wanted me to come with them.  Between her and the kids, I sucked it up and went!  I'm glad I did.  My friend Katie and her daughter Zoe ended up meeting us as well.  We had a great time!  I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are a few....

I got this picture last minute.  Doug and I had just seen a video online for the Polaris Slingshot and thought it looked like a lot of fun and then they had one in the parade.  I had to get a shot of it for Doug :)

 Of course I had to take pictures of the hitches....

This one was my favorite!  (Even though it's not the greatest picture!)

Afterwards, we took everyone in for fried dough or funnel cakes.  It's kinda become tradition even though I hate going in that first night because it's shoulder to shoulder in there!  
It's all worth it for the kids though!  I love their faces lol!

No comments: