Monday, January 18, 2016

My baby

New Years Eve, we spent with some friends.  We stayed for the ball drop and played another game before heading home.  The girls asked if their one friend could spend the night...we all piled in and followed Doug home.  (He drove separately since he was later getting home from work.)  It had rained earlier and then froze, so I'm not sure if I hit black ice or what the deal was.  I was going about 40, and about 3 houses from ours, I took my foot off the gas.  Immediately the back end started coming around on me.  I can't remember what I did as far as my reaction was.... I'm pretty sure I didn't add some gas, which in hind site is probably what I should have done.  I did manage to avoid two telephone poles and a tree before snapping the neighbor's mail box post in two.  Someone I managed to keep the mailbox in one piece.  With the way my car looks I'm still not sure how that happened!  God was gracious to us!  


So I dropped my baby off at unlimited collision for the repair work to be done.  She needs two new doors along with a new mirror and some paint work done.  I know they will do a great job, but 5 days feels like a long time!  Can't wait to see it finished!

No comments: