Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happy Birthday Daddy!

I have a lot of memories of my Dad from growing him.  Memories of camping, hiking, birthdays...way to many memories to count.  A lot of my memories jumble together to make one memory instead of multiple memories.  There was the camping trip with the skunk infestation, the camping trip where Dad got a rock and rope stuck up in a tree after trying to use it to get something out of tree and then pulling it down on himself.  I remember the trips to Burger King and then Cracker Barrel, trips to get ice cream and then walking the pier.  All of my memories are due to the fact that I had a terrific Dad (and Mom, but since this is Dad's birthday we are going to let him have this post :)  Dad worked hard to make sure we had what we needed and even wanted; even went out of his way when he was tired to do stuff with us, and we made those memories.  So many things I realize now that I'm a parent that I might not have been so grateful for then.  Being a parent is tough and my parents were/are pretty awesome people.   I'm so thankful that God blessed me with my Daddy even though I don't deserve them.  I'm also thankful that I have a Dad that loves to read my blog.  He'll probably never know how much that means to me!
I hope you have an awesome day Dad!  
We love you a lot and miss you like crazy!
P.S.  I need a picture of the two of us, Dad!!!

1 comment:

Dad (Grampa) Geiger said...

Thank you Sarah, that was very nice. I am glad you have fond memories, I often wonder if your (all of you) childhood was fun or not. I love you, Dad