Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Saved!

In the summer of 2010, we stopped up at the barn to drop Daddy off some water while he was milking.  I left the kids in the car, while I ran in real quick. (I know, I know!)  When I came back out, Marissa announced that she asked Jesus into her heart.  I was excited, but also reserved because it was so out of the blue and I wasn't sure if she really knew what she was talking about.  So I went over it with her and she was very adamant that she had already done that.  I let it go and prayed that she was sincere.  
2 years later, she is still claiming that name.  I now know that she meant it with every bit of her child's mind.  I am so thankful!  
But I remained concerned that Madalyn had showed no interest.  I found myself wondering at what point in time would the Lord consider her old enough to understand.  It worried me.  
Tonight as I was putting dinner on the table for the girls and I, Madalyn asks out of the blue, "How can I get to heaven?"  I was floored at her bluntness and how it just came from no where.  So I went through the steps with her.  She said she wanted to ask Jesus to be HER Saviour so I told her we can pray.  At first she didn't want to do it, she wanted me to pray for her.  I told her it was important for her to talk to God and ask him herself.  So she did!  She did a great job and I am so happy to have been there with her.  
Marissa prayed afterwards, just to make sure.  I assured her that if she meant it the first time, than she didn't need to, but I think she wanted to do it with me, like Madalyn did.  
So as of April 10th, 2012, both of my kids are children of God's and I am so at peace!

2 comments:

Kate Brinkerhoff said...

Awwwww....I am so happy and excited for you and Madalyn :-)

lenorediviney said...

Praise God for His love endures forever!