Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt ( a week late )

Actually, I say a week late, but really it was perfect timing.  I really enjoyed having Easter to be centered around Christ and the extra activities to have a day of their own.  
Daddy went to a Men's Conference in Boston Massachusetts, so the girls, the dogs and I headed for my parents.  Mom and Dad went and got on sale candy (another perk to having it after Easter!) and stuffed eggs.  My mom is pretty amazing and has the eggs color coordinated with EXACTLY the same candy in them, even down to the color!  This made it nice because the girls only found their eggs and we didn't have to worry about someone being slighted.  

Dad on a mission to hide "Madalyn" eggs

Mom working on hiding "Marissa" eggs



The "finders", excited and ready to go!




And they are off!


Grandpa giving pointers :)














Last egg found for Madalyn!  Hurrah!!!

Sorting and emptying their loot




We had such a great time.  I didn't think the girls remembered the hunt or that it was that big of a deal for them, since this year was only their second year.  However, I was wrong and they were very disappointed when we didn't  have one on Easter.  I'm so thankful my parents are passing down traditions that my grandparents did with us as kids.  It brings back so many memories for me, watching the kids find all that candy! 







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got such a kick out of seeing how different the girls are when they opened their eggs. Madalyn 'cracked' open her eggs letting the chocolate fall out and on to the next while Marissa open each egg with two hands and took each piece of candy out with her fingers, one by one <3Ageder essuiver

Jessi said...

What a smart cookie your mom is! Color coordinating candy and eggs AND having it after Easter to take advantage of those 50% off sales! Love the pics!