Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another bag ;)

This bag was a stretch for me.  It's for a friend of mine that is expecting her 4th.  When this baby shows up, she is probably still going to have at least 2 in diapers and a 3rd in trainers or something.  So I needed to adjust my pattern to make it a bit bigger.  I have never done this before so it was an experience.  It worked out great though!   I can't take credit for the fabric.  I was mailed the material, but I'm in love with it.  I think it looks like a Vera Bradley bag!

Here we go!


Finished! 
The front

 Usually I just leave the handles to hang and sew them just at the lower stitch.  But since the bag was bigger, it looked odd with that much of a distance between the stitch and the top of the bag, so I added a top stitch.

The back

Inside

This pictures shows the difference in height well,
 but the width is just as big of a difference
and it doesn't show that well at all!

I'm so pleased with how it turned out!  

3 comments:

Kate Brinkerhoff said...

I know she will love it!!! if she doesnt I will take it!!! ;-)

Tracie said...

Hands off katie! lol, head over heels..its amazing, it looks even better in person if possible :)

Sarah Benedict said...

LOL! I'm really glad you like it! You are the first person I have made a bag for that sews so I was a little nervous what you would think when you saw it in person! I'm relieved and excited that you love it!