Friday, May 13, 2016

Last Field Trip for the 2015/2016 School Year

After last week, I was really thankful to be coming back to NY to this trip.  The girls were super excited, and it was nice to have a day out.  It was a beautiful day, a little chilly, but the sun was out all day.  It made it nice for all the moms and sitters that were "wearing" kids...neither got too warm!  I have to say that right off the bat, I have a huge amount of respect for the Utica Zoo.  When I set this trip up and got the paperwork for it, the paperwork was the same paperwork that the school would get.  It informed us that adults and students got in for the same price, $3.00 a piece, and teacher got in for free.  I fully planned on paying $9.00 to get in.  When I got to the window to pay, I only paid $6.00!  I was truly touched that Utica Zoo saw each one of us Mom's as a teacher.  It wasn't just me that got in for free, it was each of the moms that showed up there that day.  They had 450 people from the homeschool groups in the surrounding areas.  I can't thank them enough for what they did.  They will never know what that meant to us.  Ok, enough of the sappy stuff...onto the animals!


We ran into a bunch of people while we were there from our group, but we stuck with Hillary and her kids and Beth and her kiddos.  


These guys were probably my favorite part of the zoo.  They are soo cool!




"Our" lions...(feel free to steal away Beth) 



I just got done saying that I thought it was odd there were 2 males and a female in together when the one male got up, walked over to the other male, rubbed on him...

...and plopped himself down for a good cuddle!  LOL  The only thing I could figure is that they are siblings!

Last but not least :)

This is Beth's extra kiddo...I spent most of the day cracking up at her!  She is so cute and sweet.  She kept stopping at every tree and asking if I could take her picture.  She is only 2!  





My warmth for the day :)


We didn't hang out at the Emu's very long...they were so stinky!


I got super excited when the girls said there was a kangaroo over there.  A little size difference, but still cute all the same!


They have pigs right down the road, but they all loved these little guys!


You had to look hard to tell, but he/she is alive! 

I think I said this last time we were at the Utica Zoo, but I can't get over the hair on the top of the camel's head.  He looks like he has a hair piece.  It even blew in the wind and came up off his head!  He/she does have different hair than the other camel so maybe he actually does have a hair piece!

We will definitely be back again.  It's such a nice zoo!

No comments: