Saturday, February 27, 2010

Girl time...

Last night was book club.  We all rode together to Fort Drum...about a 45 minute ride.  So we got to chit chat on the way down there.  We found Aubrey's new place in the dark and had no trouble getting in the gate.  Although honestly I don't think the guard on duty dared keep a van full of 7 women too long, LOL!  The food was great and the conversation was awesome!  When all 8 women are crying they are laughing so hard you know it was a good time.  What a blessing I have to call them all friends and to be able to confide in them and sound off on them.  What a privilege!  Countdown had begun for the next book club already!  HAHA  

On another note, Aubrey's husband has his departure date now.  Please prayer for Aubrey and her 4 kids as Michael is leaving on March 20th for Afghanistan for 12-18 months.        

2 comments:

Me said...

So glad you got a chance to get out and have a good time with the girls! This book club is turning out to be a wonderful thing for you.

Poor family - I can't imagine. . . I'll keep them in my prayers.

Kendall said...

I'm glad you had fun! Sounds like a good time and it's always nice to get together with a bunch of people you can connect with. :)

I'll keep them in my prayers! Mine's leaving for 2 months and is staying in the states...I can't imagine 12-18 months and overseas. :(