Thursday, February 25, 2010

"We are NOT babies anymore!"

Yesterday, in my hopes of finding Case's harness for our trip today, I ended up in the girls room.  You see, we have this naughty boy...his name is Sid.    
Maybe you have met him?  He is a THIEF!  So naturally when something goes missing in the house, its usually his fault.  And usually I'm right.  However, after pulling apart the kids beds, (did I mention that he is not only a thief but he hides what he takes?) I came up empty handed.  I began to put the room back together.  Marissa came in, asked what I was doing and proceeded to help me.  Then she informed me, "Do you know that Madalyn and I are NOT babies anymore?"  I assured her I did.  Then she asked why the side protectors were still on the bed.  It makes it look like a crib she told me.  So I asked her if she would like hers off.  She did so I started the process of removing hers when in walked the "shadow".  I knew what was coming next.  Madalyn wanted hers off too.  They also decided they wanted their beds separated versus being pushed right together and the crack filled with blankets.  I'm not entirely sure how long it will last.  I don't think they will want their sides back on, but it wouldn't surprise me if Marissa wants the beds pushed back together.  Time will tell.  Hopefully no one falls out tonight!









On another note, we are days away from Chloe's next cycle.  My guess is we have 12 days before we do the first breeding.  I'm scared! 
 If you havn't met the Daddy and Mommy yet, this is Jack (left) and Chloe (right).  They are Cairn Terriers and are both a little over 2.  This will be theirs and our first litter.  My sister-in-law, Laurie (she owns the male) is doing it with me so I'm not on my own.  We should be looking at puppies arriving sometime in May if all goes well.  I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Oh goodness the girls are getting so big. I must see them ASAP. Maybe Aunt Liz should make a trip up your way ;) Also, SO excited for the puppies! I will make sure to keep my phone on hand if you need someone to vent to during...well you know :)

Me said...

Awww! They ARE still babies!!! THEY ARE! :( How did the night go in their bigger girl beds? They look so proud of themselves in that shot.

Your furrbabies are adorable! Good luck on the puppies! Eeeeeek! Puppies!

Kendall said...

Aww so cute!! I agree with "me" They ARE still babies, but I know....We took the side rails off Kayda's been a while back and are thinking about taking them off of Colby's. She wants them off, but I've been convincing her that she NEEDS them on. ;)

Puppies!!! I can't wait for pictures and I so wish I could buy one, but hubby says no to terriers. :( He doesn't like the looks of them(terriers in general). *rolls eyes*

Amy said...

We rearranged Ava's room a few months ago and she asked for the same thing - no more railing.