Saturday, February 13, 2010

Prayers

Fact # 1 ~ God answers Prayers.
Fact # 2 ~ We quickly forget Fact # 1.

I have been saved since I was 10. Although I didn't really get the Christian walk till I was in college and on my own, I have prayed plenty of prayers already in those 15 years. Yet each time I get a clear answer to prayer I'm so in awe. You would think that would have ended by now! I know He is capable of answering any prayer I lift up, but I think I more struggle with the fact that He does. I mean sure He can, but that doesn't mean He has to. And lets face it, how often am I "owed" an answer? I can guarantee you it isn't often, if ever. But, yet He always pulls though. Sometimes its not how I would have done it or when I would have, but He always does. Wednesday night was a great example of this. One of my friends from church called me around 9:00pm. She is 32 weeks pregnant with her second and wanted to know if I could remember how I knew I was in preterm labor with Madalyn. I talked with her for a bit and she decided it was for the best to head in and get checked. She was indeed in preterm labor. I have never prayed so hard in my life. It brought back so many feelings. So many fears. And just for the record, at least for right now, I'm back with being 100% sure of our decision of no more babies! God answered prayer though. They gave her a shot to stop contractions and did a test that showed that she was safe from delivery for another 2 weeks. Thank you Lord!
We have been talking a lot more about the Lord, prayers, that sort of the thing, the older the girls get. They don't really have a handle on Him or the praying thing yet, but its cute to listen to them try to rationalize it. Last night they are sitting at the table after we ate. Marissa pipes up and announces that she thinks we should pray to God so he can answer our wishes! LOL She continued and prayed for her wish, that He would give her a snack. HAHA

4 comments:

Me said...

Sounds like you had 2 of your prayers answered! I'm glad to hear that your friend's little one is safely cooking for a little bit longer, and that you're feeling better about your decision again.

You're right. . .faith is hard. It doesn't seem like it SHOULD be, but it is.

And you tell your little one that I pray for snacks about every 3 hours or so! ;) sooo cute!

Ryan Hope said...

I love the facts at the top of your post and will probably steal it! :-)

I want to thank you for your advice, knowledge on the topic, and most importantly prayer for my sister!! She still may be having contractions but nothing like that night and hopefully the little one will stay in long enough to be ready. Though I don't see her making it til April. Of course even before then I didn't see that happening.

Cute about praying for snacks!

Sarah Benedict said...

Yea I doubt she will make it till then too. But like you I never thought she would. If she makes it for those two weeks she is sitting really good and if she can make it one more that would be even better! And hey no problem on the advice/knowledge. I figure God had us go through it for a reason! I feel guilty knowing that she is getting more prayers than most other prayers on my list because she is always on my mind!

Kendall said...

I'm glad that things are looking up, both for you and for your friend! I hope her little one stays put for a while longer. Bake, baby, bake!!

How cute! Praying for snacks...Did it work? ;) I think I'll pray for some M&M's as my snack. yummy!