Friday, September 2, 2016

I'm back...

Ahhhh, what an awesome 5 days off with Doug, together as a family!
It started Friday night when the girls and I headed to Syracuse to see Doug get off the plane.  We decided to surprise him again this year, so I played it off like we were going to be home waiting for him.  There may or may not have been a lie involved to get him off the trail ;)
Last year when we did this, we were upstairs sitting against the wall, so when he came through the capsule looking things, we called his name and that was that.  I had a feeling that he would look for us again this year in the same spot.  I wanted to turn things up a little bit this time.  
We decided since this year he checked his bag, that we would hide downstairs in the baggage area...behind a sign!  LOL  This year his plane was on time, so we got into place and waited.  I finally saw Brandon coming down the stairs.   He stands 6ft 6in, so he is easier to spot for sure!  I figured they wold be together....sure enough they were.  We jumped out from behind the sign and ran to him.  We got about 1/2 way there before he realized who we were and what was going on.   I was right and he had looked for us upstairs and was pretty disappointed.  There were tears and hugs and the girls complained that I was hogging Daddy, but overall it was awesome!  I'm so grateful we had the opportunity to make that trip!   

No comments: