Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fun time with friends! (Warning, long post with LOTS of pictures)

Okay, so you have been warned...although you should all know me better by now.  I'm horrible at just picking a couple!  LOL  This past Saturday was part of Doug's week off of milking.  He really wanted to do something with the girls and decided that we would make a trip to Fort Rickey Discovery Zoo again.  We invited a friend from church to come with us.  Amanda and the kids showed up and we hung out while we waited for stuff at the farm to get figured out so we could go. 
 Madalyn is in love with the baby.  Her name is Jennifer and she is 3 months old.  She is a doll and I have to say I'm in the same boat as Madalyn!
 I absolutely LOVE this little guy!  His name is Jesse "Junior".  He is a character and a half and he knows he is cute!
 Marissa joined in the making faces fun.  Poor kid is still swollen from her bites 5 days prior!
 Finally Madalyn couldn't contain herself anymore...
"Ms. Amanda, can I hold your baby???"  LOL
 He had a thing with that face!
 Sooo cute!

FINALLY, we headed out!  We had plans of meeting our friend Mike and his two boys and Laurie.  The day was so beautiful and the kids had a blast for sure!  They had a lot of fun with the other kids to run around with!
 The deer were in rut still, but must be worse than prior, because they were all locked up.  The kids didn't mind it one bit though and I think they were still one of their favorites!

 Isn't he gorgeous?
 I made a mental note to never leave Junior and Madalyn unattended.  
They both share the "NO FEAR" thing and I'm sure would be a dangerous pair!
 I opted out of the snake show this time and sat with Amanda while she nursed the baby.  I did however hear that the kids got to see "Jasmine" this time. 
 They all look the same to me!

More deer...Sika's I think they are called...
 Looks like Junior just got missed!



 LOL...that look again!


 YEAH!  He is such a cutie!
 I love him!
 Every animal we went to, Marissa tried to "talk" like them and teach everyone else...it was so cute!
 The buck had a thing for Doug...
 Laurie


 Marissa was bound and determined to make friends with the baby and love on it.

It's Llama time!
 Mike found out that they LOVE leaves!  So the kids had a blast de-leafing a nearby tree to feed the "starving" llama.  Connor and Marissa supervising Madalyn.
 I kept saying that I don't know if I can put cute and Llama in the same sentence.  There was nothing cute about that face...I don't think he appreciated it very much!

 He wasn't helping me change my opinion of him!
 Mike and Tannor
 Connor and Junior



 Wish this was a closer pic of him, I think I'm getting a look!
 Dude what is up with your ears!  You would be so much cuter if you put them up!  
He didn't listen or didn't care. 

 "Goodbye Llama!"
 "Bye Puppy!"
 Okay, one more!

Wallabies!
 So cool to see them this close this time around!
 I'm not sure if we were suppose to feed him, but he wasn't a fan of the cracker anyhow.
 But he loved to be scratched


 Off he goes!
 Back to play with his roomie
 Well what do you know!  He can fix his ears!!!

By the time we got home and ate, everyone was pretty tired including the grown-ups!  So we offered for Amanda and the two little guys to stay over since they would be back for church the following morning anyhow.  They live 45 mins. away so it only made sense.  It was nice having company.  The girls even helped in the morning watch the baby while Amanda and I were getting ready. 
 They arranged her like this, and then asked for a picture.  She had the hiccups horrible but was still a happy girl!
 Silly girls!
I can't get over that head of hair!

Hope you enjoyed!  Sorry for the length!

2 comments:

Mama B said...

How fun!! I'm like you- too many pics to choose from! lol Hilarious! I found you on the BG FB post. Come link up your post and while you're there enter my cloth diaper giveaway! -Bonnie @ http://mamabsblog.blogspot.com/

Me said...

Wallabies! Who on earth has WALLABIES at their zoo? I'm so jealous. We don't even have deer. It looks like you all had a fabulous time, I enjoyed every single picture!