Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st Day of School

Even though its feeding week for us and we would normally go to the barn, we skipped out this morning per Marissa's request in order to start school early.  It worked out really well, because Madalyn went with Daddy and we were almost done by the time they returned 3 hours later.  We got dressed, ate breakfast and brushed our teeth so we were all ready for the day.  We started about 7:30.  (I wonder how long this excitement will last?)  We went over school rules at first.  She was really good about separating Mommy from Teacher and was great at recognizing that we were "at school".  I can definitely see her getting bored with some of the stuff, but she handled it well.  One thing I know we are going to have to work on is Reading Comprehension.  I'm not sure if she was bored, or if she just wasn't listening but she had a rough time remembering things from a short story I read her.  But some of that could just be from not knowing exactly what to expect and the excitement.  Just something I'm going to keep my eye on.  Tomorrow is a lot more in depth and more school like.  
All ready to start!
 "Ok Mom, enough of the pictues...lets get going!"
 She did an awesome job with the picture she was suppose to color
 Merit/Demerit system...She starts the week out with 5 apples.  If she keeps all of them, at the end of the week she gets a special treat of some kind. 
Her curriculum...She LOVES it!

3 comments:

Me said...

Awesome! Keep us posted about how this goes for you guys! I'm excited for her - and you.

P.S. WHERE do I find one of those little pencil grippers??? I need one!

Sarah Benedict said...

If you send me an email with your address I'll mail you one! I bought them on Amazon...http://www.amazon.com/Pencil-Grip-Crossover-Ergonomic-Metallic/dp/B001SN8HPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1284637834&sr=8-1. They were cheap and I got 6 of them...we definitely do not need 6 of them! Let me know! We love them and they work awesome. Marissa holds her pencils good, but she does much better with these.

Me said...

That would be WONDERFUL! Thanks so much!!! We've been working with T on how to properly hold her pencil, but she's not really getting it (though she's trying sooo hard!) I think that one of these things will really be a big help. . .