Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fort Ricky Discovery Zoo...or at least I think that's right! ;)

I don't know what has taken us so long to find this place!  I keep saying we need to go to the Syracuse Zoo, but this place is a lot closer and awesome!  The girls LOVED the hands on capabilities of the "zoo".
Madalyn was VERY protective over "her" turtles.  No one was allowed in the box according to the sign, and Madalyn made sure they followed the rules.  She was even kicking adults out of the box..."The sign says you can't go in the box...you have to get out."  
 My favorite part...I LOVE otters!
 Both girls seems to be taken with the ring tailed lemurs.  They were quite the characters. 
 They got to hold tiny pygmy goats...

 ...and feed swans.  This one was Marissa's favorite
 and this one was Madalyn's favorite.
 I'm not sure what he/she actually was, but its very pretty!
 Marissa's favorite was the owl.  She would copy his sound and he would respond right back.  She came to the conclusion that she could speak owl and was quite proud of herself!
 My Mom's favorite was the spider monkey...they were pretty cool!
 I have a thing with Nubian goats!  Someday I will own one!
This rabbit had to have been 15lbs.  I have never seen this big of a rabbit before in my life...of course this picture does not do justice to its size.
 I think this tortoise was close to being big enough for Madalyn to ride.  He was really neat!
 Dad's favorite...I have never been so close to a wolf before!  They are amazing creatures.  It was neat to see them wag their tails and whine like real dogs.  They have the biggest feet though!
 The girls felt bad for this little guy because he was all by himself.
 Mom and I decided to just take pictures when this guy showed up.  I'm good at a distance...
 ...the girls however did just fine with him.  And yes, "Boris" is setting his head on Marissa's head!
 We kept going back and checking on the otters.  They were just too cute!  I really wanted to take them home...
 ...I mean how do you resist those faces!
...and apparently they wanted to come home too!  They were going to town moving rocks and digging!

3 comments:

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

otters are my favorite too! they have them at the aquarium and I love them! oo the snake on your childs head, I'm sure you were ready to kung fu the thing if you needed to. lol

Aubrey said...

awww looks like they had a good time! You'll have to give me some info on this place, maybe we'll visit there when the parents are here!

Me said...

This place is just ridiculously awesome! I wish we had one!!!