Monday, September 6, 2010

Annual New York State Fair Adventures


Ever since Doug and I got married (possibly even before) we have made a trip to Syracuse for the Sate Fair.  We have a thing for fairs.  It starts during our county fair, then we got the neighboring county for their fair the following week.  Then we attend the NY Sate Fair!  LOL  For the past two years we have met my parents there.  They spoil the kids by getting ride tickets for them and we all have a blast.  This year was even more fun as both the kids were big enough to enjoy it a lot more!  
 
 Upon approaching these "statues", we almost thought they were actually statues, but every few minutes they would move.  Mind you it was at least 90 degrees out and the sun was beating down on us.  They were really good!  Mom wanted us to pose with them so we did.  The whole time I kept saying don't touch me!  I was so afraid he was going to put his hand on me and I was going to flip!
 Next we walked past the Duck races.  We had never seen them before and the girls wanted to watch.  So we sat down and waited.  They chose volunteers to race the ducks.  At one point in time, the guy points on the other side of me and says the little girl right there.  I look over and Marissa has her hand up high!  I was shocked!  So Daddy and Marissa got to race.  Their duck started out really fast, but as Marissa put it, he got tired. 


 Marissa's duck was in lane 2
 Of course they had to ride the carousal.
 You have to search for Madalyn in both shots I guess.  She blended right in!
 The girls, but especially Madalyn, were all into the roller coasters this year.  Madalyn has no fear so it really didn't surprise me.  But I was so proud to see Marissa ride this all by herself in the seat.  It was a full track coaster.  They both did GREAT!  Madalyn had to be accompanied by an adult and she chose Daddy.  I think it made his day!

 This was Marissa's favorite ride!  She LOVED it!

 They had the circus back again this year.  I felt really bad because Madalyn fell asleep right after we finished riding.  She missed out on this portion of the fair.  I told Marissa to keep it to herself so she didn't feel bad.  Marissa did a great job at doing just that!  This picture is dark, but you get the shadow effect of Marissa feeding the giraffe.
Last of all, Marissa got to go on a pony ride.  She picked her own horse out and picked out the one Mommy would have picked!  I was so proud!  She said she needed me next to her, but she did just fine!
Hope you enjoyed!  I'm going to try and do alot better about posting more often!

2 comments:

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

great pictures! we love our state fair too. Jeremy and I usually go as a date since it's a little crazy with the kids but this year we may take them. Glad you had fun!

Me said...

Awesome shots! Love the fair - yours looks way cool - pony rides??? SO cool. I wanted to let T go on the swingy things, but I was afraid. Maybe next year. . .