Thursday, May 7, 2015

Best Day EVER!

Molly was scheduled for her spay/tack surgery yesterday.  Can I just stop and say that it's crazy to me that she is just shy of 18 months already?!  Anyhow, our vet and I have an awesome relationship and I got permission to scrub in for her surgery.  It was hands down probably one of the best days ever.  I'm a huge researcher, but also very visual.  I've done a lot of research on this breed, but it was awesome to actually see it all in person and get a better perspective on what it all looks like.  Molly did fabulous and the vet was really happy that I scrubbed in because there was a few bumps and I was able to assist.  I was able to stay with her while she was waking up and she never freaked out or panicked.  Once she woke up enough to move her head, she turned her head and caught a glimpse of me and then laid back down.  She woke up real slow and easy.  She actually ended up just hanging out with the vets and technicians all day and was totally content to stay put.  I was already in love with our vets, but after spending the day there, I have nothing but good things to say about them.  They are just a big family that really cares about each and every animal that walks in there.  I'm so thankful to have this step done and thrilled that it went so well.  I can't wait to go get her tomorrow!
On the down side, Chloe is in full out mourning.  I feel so bad for her!  There is no way to explain to her that she will see Molly tomorrow, but how I wish I could! :(  She is going to be one happy puppy tomorrow!  The good news is, there is no question that she loves her "little" sister!

No comments: