Thursday, February 26, 2015

Surprises...

When I was about 15ish, my Dad was an over the road truck driver.  Sometimes he would be gone for 3-4 weeks at a time.  I'll never forget the feeling of hearing that jake brake kick on as he passed the house and his horn blowing.  We would have no clue he was coming home sometimes and we would all tear out of the house and run down to his parking spot in our little town.  I loved that feeling.  It's a feeling you can't really describe or re-create....
Until now when I have a husband that does the same thing!  LOL  
Tuesday night I called Doug.  I could tell by the way the phone sounded that he was driving.  I asked him where he was heading at that hour and he said they finished their farm they were working at, and they were heading to their next destination.  We chatted for a while and then he lost service.  About 30 minutes later, the dogs started grumbling and I see back up lights come on.  We were his destination!  :)  I love it! 
Of course he asked if there was vacancy for the next 5 nights, because he needed an extended stay room.  LOL  
I love surprises and love Doug being home even more!!!

No comments: