Friday, February 27, 2015

More news!

Some of you know that we have had an extra dog around here for almost 3 weeks now.  We have kind of been acting as a "foster family" for one of Chloe's pups from 2010.  Things didn't work out and she found her way back here.  I had a "nagging" feeling that I should make a phone call to another one of the puppy owners ever since I got the news that Piper was coming.  Last Monday I listened and made the call.  They were on vacation so they called me back on Monday.  I explained the situation and told them to take whatever time they wanted, she wasn't going anywhere for now.  Wednesday night I got the call and she has a family waiting for her and her full blood sister can't wait to play!  I'm so thankful and sad all at the same time.  3 dogs is a little much for us....but we have grown EXTREMELY attached and when the final days come, its going to be a rough goodbye.  I'm so thankful though that God cares about the little things.  He seems to be showing me this a lot lately!  They are going to call Sunday with a date that is good for them and then I'll make the drive down there and we will have a play date.  As long as things go well, she will stay!  They are super excited!  I have a lot of emotions, I'm trusting in the fact that I feel this was a God thing from the get go.  
Wednesday night after my phone conversation, we started preparing Piper for her new home.  Their current pup sleeps with them and they want to do the same with Piper, so we gated off our room so she couldn't get to the cat in the girl's room and we slept in a very full bed.  LOL  I woke up extremely warm, sandwiched between Piper and Molly.  Molly was all warm and toasty...she had somehow wedged herself in between Doug and I.  Thursday agenda included training her to the underground fence system, as that is what the new owners use to keep their pup contained as well.  I'm very excited for that day!  I'm anxious to see how the two get along, see if they remember each other, and I'm super excited to see another one of my pups again!  I'll of course remember to bring my camera and take lots of pictures!




























Mom and Daughter 4 years later :)




No comments: