Friday, December 13, 2013

Blessings...

Last Saturday was such a great day.  
Doug and I left the kids with Doug's parents and headed to run some errands and finish up our Christmas shopping.  We headed to Destiny USA in Syracuse which was CRAZY busy!  But we got what we needed and had fun browsing and wasting time ;)  Then we headed to Ithaca for Doug's Dairy One Christmas Party.  As we headed out, Doug asked me if I wanted to go the way he goes to work so I can see his "shortcut".  The trip was going pretty smooth until we were about 2 miles from Dairy One's Office.  We came up on a side street and realized that the truck that was on the street was failing to obey his stop sign.  I don't know what his deal was...if he was confused, drunk...no clue.  But he proceeded to stare at us while driving at us.  We somehow avoided that crash and the guy ended up in the oncoming traffic lane before finally righting himself and driving in the correct lane.  I kept watching him in the mirror to make sure he kept his distance.  About a minute later, I hear Doug say Oh No!  I look up from my mirror watching to see a buck with a rack running out at the side of us.  We hear the thud and watch him turn and run back in to the brush.  It didn't sound too bad, he hit the passenger side rear panel, but with his rack and size neither of us thought it was going to be good.  So we pulled into Dairy One's parking lot and park under a light and get out to check the damage.  Can I just say God is good?  Well I'm going to anyhow.  All we had was a big ol' nose print and a snot smear down the rear panel of the car.  I couldn't believe it!  (Of course then I start feeling sorry for the poor deer who must have a very sore nose right now!)  Within a couple minutes period of time, He spared us and our car from some potentially major damage!  I got back in the car so thankful for His hand of protection.  We of course didn't have our camera with us since we didn't have our kids...why would we carry it with us...we are the boring ones!  But, I did get this picture of the car after it had been driven in the salt and snow...so it isn't as big as it was, but it gives you an idea of what it looked like originally.  Not even a scratch! (At least not that we can see!)


We proceeded onto the Dairy One Christmas Party and had a lot of fun.  It was a little loud in there, but the food and fellowship was great.  There is something very special about a company where the head boss and his wife are making their rounds to say hello to everyone and they come over and give you a hug and tell you that they have been praying for you!  Super awesome.  I can't say enough time in this post how thankful I am.  We are so blessed!  

2 comments:

Dad (Grampa) Geiger said...

Soooooo, the weather was a little snotty? He missed you by a nose? I bet Santa will be mad if his nose won't light this year!!! GOD sure is good. Love you Dad

Sarah Benedict said...

Haha! By the way, I love that you are commenting now, I look forward to them! :)