Friday, December 12, 2008

The promised post!

Today was a much better day.  Both girls woke up in a pretty good mood and stayed that way all day.  My day got off on a good foot...I got the dishes done first thing this morning and the house vacuumed.  We were doing good!  I wanted to take the girls out to play in the fresh snow, but the wind was blowing pretty good and I knew that wouldn't go over well with either of them so we opted to stay inside where it was warm.  We did a lot together though.  We played barn, read books, and played Uno Spin.  Uno Spin is quickly becoming Marissa's favorite game, and she is good at it too!  Madalyn and Marissa seemed to be hooked to each other's hips today for some reason.  When Marissa went potty so did Madalyn.  Marissa even wiped her and took care of her potty before I had a chance to return to the bathroom with a clean diaper.  When we were playing with the barn and animals this morning, Marissa gave Madalyn an animal to play with and I told her "That was nice."  To which she replied, "God told me she wanted that one."  I think that is her favorite phrase these days.  She cracks me up.  Between her and Madalyn I get my laughs in every day.  Tonight the girls were playing with the Baby Tad Barn that hangs on the fridge... they like to dance to the music after they hit the button.  Well Madalyn has decided its way more fun to spin in circles.  Oh my word... she got spinning so fast and then fell on her butt and her head was still spinning.  She just sat there staring at the ground and you could tell as soon as it stopped because up she went and immediately started spinning again.  Little screwball!  Anyhow enough talk, here are the pictures I promised!
Daddy choosing the right cutter
"Daddy I got a dirty hand!"
Daddy is having as much fun as Marissa is!

Marissa helping Daddy cut out cookies

Madalyn decided eating was more fun!
Marissa looking on while Daddy rolls
Marissa joins the eating crew
She got really good at this!
Very carefully placing the cookies
Madalyn decided that the house was in need of a good sweeping

She is good...she can even sweep with her eyes closed!

Look at that gut!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Too cute! We do our annual cookie making party on Saturday. We can't wait!