Friday, April 18, 2014

Surprises :)

I wish I had pictures to go with this post, but since I didn't know it was coming I wasn't prepared.  Yesterday Doug called and I was cutting up raw chicken so Madalyn answered the phone.  She proceeded to talk to Daddy for a good 20 minutes or so.  It was adorable.  I finished cutting and told her I could take the phone now and she refused.  She wasn't finished with Daddy yet.  So I sat and talked with my friend Cari that was at the house, when Madalyn said, "You are?  Ok!"  Her face was priceless.  It was shining with excitement.  Cari asked her what was going on and Madalyn said, "I can't tell you, it's a secret!"  So she asked her if Daddy was coming home ... "Aunt Cari guessed it Daddy!"  LOL  It was so cute!  I wished I could have captured it all on camera, but at least its documented in writing.  He got home around 9 and was able to put the girls to bed with me.  What a great night!  I love it when I'm not expecting to see him for a whole day and he is able to sneak home early!  Thank you Lord!

No comments: