Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Be thankful in all things...

We had a fill in speaker on Sunday and he touched on being thankful in ALL things.  I've heard it a million times, but for some reason it really hit this time.  It's now become our new motto here at the house.  Doug has been out of town 3 out of the past 4 weeks and it was starting to wear on the kids and Doug and I.  So we have really put this to use.  When we feel ourselves starting to get down and complaining about it, we just say something we are thankful for about the his work.  There is SO MUCH to be thankful for.  We get so stuck in a rut of complaining that we miss out on all the blessings around us.  I found myself getting that way with weather to.  I was so ready for the snow to leave, now its leaving and the flooding has started.  God really can't win can He?  I started thinking if I was Him and was listening to me, it would get old fast.  I have no right to complain when He has given me so much!  So we are turning over a new leaf and concentrating on being thankful!  So far, it has made getting through each day a TON easier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) and <3