Thursday, July 18, 2013

Homemade Dresses

I've had this pattern sitting around for a couple years.  I kept saying I was going to make them and just never got around to it.  I finally decided I needed to do it!  Doug's mom helped me out quite a bit, especially understanding the pattern and reassuring me :)  I was very stressed and fearful I was going to get them done and HATE them but I LOVE them!  I can't wait for them to wear them for the first time finally!  They are going to wear them to Doug's sister's wedding on Saturday.


We made little rag dolls to go in their pockets...maybe it will keep them busy at the wedding :)

I love the bottom ruffle, but let me just say, that was a lot of work!


Then I made these hair bows for the girls to wear to match their dresses.

5 comments:

Sharon G. said...

I love those little dolls :) I'm proud of you!

TheTwoThomas said...

The dolls are super cute! Very creative :)

TheTwoThomas said...

The dolls are super cute! Very creative :)

Sarah Benedict said...

Thanks!

April said...

Sarah, these are adorable! I have been wanting to get my sewing machine out! Great job!