Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Darien Lake




For the first time, we decided to take the kids to Darien Lake.  We got some MAJORLY discounted tickets via the homeschool group and decided to take advantage of it.  We left around 7:30am and headed out on our 3 hour road trip....







We kept the trip a secret from the girls.  I mean they knew we were going somewhere but since we knew that telling them we were going to Darien Lake would mean nothing to them, we just decided to let them find out when they saw the park.  Here are their faces as we were arriving...


It was such a PERFECT day for our visit.  We chose to go the first Monday after school was let out.  The park was empty.... it was awesome!  It was warm and beautiful out!  We walked onto the front of rollar coasters and really didn't wait long on any other rides either.  There was one water ride that we waited quite a while on but that was it.  I didn't bring my camera into the park because I was afraid of something happening to it so I stole some pictures off the park's site of the girls' favorite rides.  

Marissa really liked this one
The girls both loved the Pop Corn Popper!
This was the water ride that we waited for quite a while for.  
It was fun but definitely not worth the wait.
Mom, Dad, Jonathan and Marissa went on this ride.  I never though much of it.....till I got on it.  It was an awesome ride but also terrifying all at the same time.  LOL  I can't believe Marissa went on it!

Madalyn LOVED this ride.  Even Uncle Jonathan and Daddy rode this with the girls.  They were quite funny to watch :)  Even the attendants were laughing at Doug. LOL

Madalyn loved these slides

The girls wanted to ride the Giant Wheel after we ate. 
 I sucked it up and rode it with them.  It has to be the worst ride on the face of the earth!
 This was our first ride when we arrived.  I think all the adults got off it wondering how the day was going to go because it made us all a bit queasy!

 I'm pretty sure this was both girls' FAVORITE ride!  LOL

 Doug, Dad and I all rode this rollar coaster and we all really liked it!  I wish that we had Marissa start off on this one!

This ride felt awesome early on in the day when we were all really warm!
 After riding the log ride, Madalyn decided that she didn't like hills.

The girls loved the old fashioned cars :)
Marissa rode her FIRST big rollar coaster.  She did great, although I think we determined that she would do a little better at riding once she was a little bigger and could keep her head back better.  



2 comments:

Sharon G. said...

LOL ...... love the fake family shots :)

Sarah Benedict said...

Aren't they great ;)