Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Our new friend...

After our last adventure with trying to watch a caterpillar turn into a butterfly, I was in no hurry to try it again.  Last Saturday when we were over at Uncle Mike's, his two boys and the two girls found 3 monarch caterpillars.  They were pretty big so I figured it wouldn't be long before they made their way into a chrysalis.  I still had my fears that we would kill another one LOL...
One night he went into a "J" position and the next day we had one of these!

Now we wait :)  
At least this one we can set free and we don't have to winterize him/her!

1 comment:

Hope Filled Journey said...

Oh my gosh!!! That's so awesome. There was a Ron. Milkweed at our New home but we didn't see any monarch caterpillars. I hope it all works out for you. I loved second grade when we watch many crysalis form and hatch out beautiful butterflies