Tuesday, February 16, 2016

So Friday didn't go at all as planned...

As I stated, I wanted to at least start filing my federal and state taxes.  I actually got them completed fairly quickly and I was super pumped.  That all came quickly crashing down though.  I e-filed them, and received an email back within 30 minutes stating that the IRS had denied my income tax return for 2015 because an income tax return had already been filed with the SS#'s provided.  GGRREEAATT!!!
The rest of the day was spent on the phone with the IRS and Credit Bureaus, getting everything locked up and trying to fix things with the IRS so we can actually file this year.  All 4 of our Socials were compromised.  What a pain in the butt!  I spent from 1pm -5pm on the phone.  All because someone wanted to get a free tax return out of us....over $9000 worth of a return!  
I quickly got ready once I got off the phone, only to find out that Doug was going to be late to the banquet...probably because I called him so many times!  I was pretty bummed, but what are you going to do?  It ended up being a good night and I'm glad I went. 
I'll be really happy when all this stuff is officially sorted out though.  I've been told this could take 180 days to rectify.  LOVELY!!!  LOL  
I got a letter from the IRS today that is dated from the 10th (before I even know anything was wrong) stating that I need to call and verify my information.  I'm pretty sure I already did this Friday, but since I'm not sure I have to add that to the list.  Only problem is when I call them they say that "Due to an extremely high call volume, my call can not be completed as dialed."  LOL  
Hopefully I can squeak a call in soon. 
 I hope you guys are all having a great week!  

No comments: