Friday, October 17, 2014

So thankful!

I don't know how long I've been babysitting for...I suppose it starts back when I was 13 in Western NY.  Through the years of watching kids, I've heard some horror stories.  Yet I have always been so blessed.  I always worry when I start watching a new kid, especially one I don't know outside of babysitting, that I won't be able to bond with him/her.  I usually get very attached to my extra kids and it makes watching them that much easier.  But I always worry about what happens if I can't for some reason?  I'm thankful I've never had that problem so far.  It makes when they stop coming that much harder and I still miss the kids I  have had in the past.  Today, I'm so thankful for my extra kids.  Last night as I was putting dinner on the table and I was listening to the kids talk back and forth, I just felt very blessed.  God has been very good to me.  Many know that we have a heart to have more children through adoption, but right now, that just isn't possible.  But last night I realized I have a blessing right in front of me with these kids and every time they are at the house, I get blessed.  I love each and everyone of them and am so thankful that God allowed me to be doing what I'm doing and loving every second of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of Aunt Sharon's desire to be a missionary and how she actually IS one in my estimation as she takes in (many times) foreign students into her home and houses them while they go to college. What you are able to 'add to' these little ones vs. what daycare centers are able to do is priceless to their parents. If you had more of your own, maybe you would be less likely to sit <3