Tuesday, October 21, 2014

If you have some time today...

Sunday, during our afternoon service, we listened to a sermon by Dr. David Gibbs.  I can't get it out of my head.  Have you ever listened to a message that just sticks with you and God keeps using it again and again?  If you have never heard David Gibbs, he is very down to earth.  His messages are practical and simple.  He challenged us Sunday to remember that one of our most important jobs on earth as a Christian is to make God look good.  Most of us will go through life failing at that.  But, sometimes it helps before we open our mouths to remember that we may be the only witness that person, that we are getting ready to give a piece of our mind to, will ever see.  I know its 40 minutes long, and I know everyone varies in their "taste" in preachers but even if you just turn him on and listen to him while you do the dishes, I promise you won't regret it!

No comments: