Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Play Day!

We took a good share of the day on Saturday and put our snow stuff on and went outside to enjoy the beautiful day!  Since we have received a good bit of snow and have some decent sized drifts, we decided to build some snow forts/ igloos (as the girls call them)!  As you can see they were a HUGE help in the beginning ;)


Our handsome old man even came out.  It doesn't happen often because he doesn't tolerate the cold well, but it was so nice he stayed out the whole time with us!

Getting a decent start on it

Madalyn wanted me to take a picture of Chloe off the ground, jumping to get the snow.  It took me a few tries!  I love Madalyn's facial expressions!




Getting closer....


There we go!



The side yard looked so peaceful

Marissa "TRYING" to dig a tunnel of her own.


Digging...its what Cairn's do best!

I really think she tries to see how much snow she can get stuck to her face!


Such a pretty girl :)








 Madalyn made a "TV" for their house


Marissa and I made our own.  We didn't get any pictures of the building portion of it, but here are finished pictures!













I really love these next couple pictures of Case!

Except he looks really old here...




The inside of Madalyn's and Daddy's...






This inside of Marissa's and mine...




4 comments:

~:.Tasia.:~ said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun AND a lot of work!! I'm glad that you guys got enough snow and then some nice weather to get out and enjoy it :) Case does look really old, I remember when he was just a pup. Time flies!! The picture of you, Marissa and Chloe in your tunnel/cave cracks me up because Chloe looks just as proud as Marissa does! Hopefully the girls can enjoy them for a little while before the sun melts the snow or more snow decides to fall. Thanks for sharing!!

Sarah Benedict said...

Well seeing as we got another foot on top of them...I THINK they should be able to for a while. Marissa already told me that we can dig them taller now that we have more snow on top LOL

Unknown said...

looks like so much fun!! i miss the snow!

Anonymous said...

Great Memories!!! <3