Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WORST day EVER!

I'm only making this post because I'm trying to keep a journal and today, yesterday was comical!!!  LOL



So to start off, our dehumidifier in the basement just died, and so did our printer.  I got new ordered of both of them, since they are kind of an necessity around here.  So Monday evening my big freezer was giving me issues.  I went to bed pretty certain that I got it all fixed.  Tuesday morning I wake up and everything is thawed.  It's still cold...(34 degrees) but thawed regardless.  Mind you we still have close to a half a cow in there and ALL of our garden is in there as well.  So I called Doug and seeing as the freezer is probably close to 30 years old, we decided to take the plunge and replace it.  So I spent the next 3 hours trying to find a company that was within 2 hours from our house that had a big freezer in stock for me to go and get.  Sears was running a great sale, as was Lowes so I thought we were golden.  However, I was wrong.  I had to wait 5-7 business days to get a freezer that size.  I didn't know if we had the much time.  So we had to bite the bullet and spend a little more to get it local.  Whew, got that all taken care of.  Finally started homeschooling at 11am.  :(  Thankfully all 4 kids (did I mention I'm babysitting a 1 year old and a 3 year old?) were SUPER good while I was trying to get that all figured out.  Lunch time hits and I start getting lunch ready for the kids when I suddenly hear an alarm going off in the basement.  I go downstairs, thinking the smoke detector needed new batteries.  No, the carbon monoxide detector is reading low battery even though its plugged in.  Seriously?  So I run back upstairs and turn the cellar light on.  All of the sudden the dehumidifier down there starts groaning at me and all the lights dim and lighten and dim and lighten.  Then the panel box starts sparking!  LOL  I can laugh today!  LOL  So I run over and quick pull the plug on the dehumidifier and everything else plugged in down there that didn't need to be.  Then I called Doug and told him that if one more thing breaks I'm locking myself in my bedroom and I'm going back to bed!!!  Thankfully Doug got ahold of one of his Christian friends and he came by on his way home from work and checked it out.  Turns out we just had a bad breaker and he swapped it out for us and it costs us $30 :)  I finally got my shower, my extra kiddos left, I scarfed down some dinner and the girls and I were off to our first homeschooling meeting.  We got home at 10pm.  I put the kids to bed and decided to tackle my HUGE mountain of dishes and my dirty house.  I climbed into bed at 1am this morning feeling very accomplished and I slept like a baby.  Today I look back and I can laugh at yesterday :)  LOL  All my replacements for everything that have broke, arrive today and everything should go back to normal! 
Today is a new day and its going great so far!  Thank you LORD!

No comments: