Friday, September 21, 2012

Our new freezer

So I figured I should update on our new freezer now that its here, unloaded in the garage, and in use :)  
"She" is HUGE!  
(I'm not sure why almost everything that is electronic, automotive, or any appliance is a "she" in my book, but that is always what they get pegged!  LOL)

I love the storage areas in it. 
 I have 3 baskets on top that slide wherever I need/want them to.

And then I have 2 large end compartments, and 6 of these square type compartments.  I have room to spare in almost all my compartments with one empty even!  My butternut squash is going in there as soon as we get a good frost :)

We decided to go chest this time instead of upright because of the economical difference between the two and because if we loose power, the chest will keep things froze if left closed for up to 2 days.  That sounded good seeing our last issues that arose.  :)  My biggest fear was the ease of use part.  Everyone said that they aren't as easy because you don't have the shelves and you "loose" stuff in the chests.  Well I'm not sure if all chests have these compartment things in them, but if they do, let me tell you that my freezer has never been so organized before in my life!  I hated spending the money but this thing just might be my new best friend.  
Ok, maybe that is a little far fetched... 

No comments: