Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Play day!!!

We have been having some really beautiful weather lately.  Our evenings and mornings are definitely cooler than they have been, but our days are still pretty warm, even HOT some days.  We finished school around 1:30 yesterday so I kicked the four kiddos outside for some much needed fresh air.  
I think we are finally in a good routine...the little guy is napping like a champ, Lucas quietly sits and listens to Kindergarten lessons, and the girls both have a good idea of what to expect for morning routines now.  I feel so much more accomplished.  I was really stressing having a one year old and a three year old to babysit 4 and 5 days a week on top of homeschooling the two girls.  But I think we got it :)  Now we'll see how I feel when the field trips start in a bit ;)  
Enough of that, here are some pictures from our fun afternoon!!!

Mr. Josiah, he is such a happy boy!

And he is off!  He is definitely ALL boy and nothing slows him down!

He has pretty much given up crawling and leaving that to the "babies".  He is a full out walker now!

Case and Chloe guarding the kids from the "scary" next door neighbors ex-husband.  Chloe has now taken on Case's strong dislike for the man.  

"Alright, I'll stop growling and lay down, but I'm not going to stop watching!!!"

All four kiddos :)


It's the little things in life that keep kids busy!


Cheese!

Our garden is almost done.  We just have peppers and butternut squash still growing out there.  The rest I'm hoping to pull out this weekend.  

My flowers out front have NO idea what season it is and they are budding again!  
I love them!


Don't worry...they aren't as close to the road as the pictures look like they are.  
Any idea what they are doing?


They are collecting sand from last winter that collected in the driveway.  
We used to sweep the driveway and get rid of it, but those these two girls will spend HOURS playing in it!  LOL  But when we had a sand box, they would play in it once or twice!  Go figure!

Yeah, for bugs!  They named "her" Sunshine.  

Working together

Lucas is on a mission :)

Happy boy who WILL NOT stay off the concrete!  LOL  He has already gotten 2 fat lips here and was cruisin' for a 3rd!

That caterpillar got transported EVERYWHERE! (Thankfully, they ended up loosing her, because I was afraid that the plan was for her to end up in the house!)


Kids will make guns out of anything!

Lucas found an inchworm...which he proceeded to put in his bucket of sand for safe keeping...which he then proceeded to fill to the top with more sand.  Ooops!  LOL

He tried digging for him and emptying it out, but to no avail.  
I have no idea where that thing went!



"What is with that look Madalyn?!"

That's better!


He is such a handsome boy

Fixing the trailer because that's what boys do!

Pretty girls


They have been chopping corn in the back field.  (Or at least I'm pretty sure that is chopping.  I was totally sure until Lucas told me that was a Combine, not a Chopper, and then I started doubting myself! LOL)

Once they made it out close enough to where Lucas could really watch, this is where he sat :)

"Watcha doing Lucas?"


Stay tuned for more updates from our day :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness i love this! It is so nice to see a part of your day with the kiddos. :-) Keep up the excellent work Momma! Thanks again for taking such good care of my little guy.