Friday, May 4, 2012

God is Good!

If you are believe like I do, you know God answers prayer.  But if you are like me, you struggle with believing that He will answer trivial prayers.  By trivial I mean things that there is no way He cares about.  But I'm wrong in my thinking.  The other day proved that.  We have been praying that we would be able to find a home for my 90 year old Grandfather's pitt bull.  He can't get around very well anymore and people need to be able to get into the house to do things for him.  She needs better care than he is able to give her right now.  I had heard all these stories about her, and although I refused to believe that she was vicious I was concerned that she might not be a good candidate for adoption.  I found a volunteer from a Pitt Bull rescue that was at least willing to go meet her.  So Tuesday morning 4 adults and a two year old piled in my car and we made our way to Grandpa's.  When we arrived, she was in the window barking, but her tail was going a mile a minute.  Her eyes were soft and inviting.  We waited for Grandpa to make his way to the door but when he was struggling we entered.  Thumper was definitely uncertain and nervous, but was submissive.  She was very excited to have someone there to see her.  The volunteer fell in love and said she would take her.  God does care about the "trivial" things.  Anyone that knows these dogs knows that a 7 year old pitt bull without any socialization, SHOULD be aggressive towards people entering the house.  However she was the direct opposite.  I just kept thinking how thankful I was that I have an older Lab/Coonhound that wouldn't stand for it and a home owners policy that wouldn't renew us, because otherwise I would have brought her home with me.  I'm so grateful that God answers prayers.  I serve a great God! :)


No comments: