Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How it all began...

In my previous post I was asked to elaborate on why I was so freaked out by my husband when we first met.  So here goes...

I was in my first of two years of college.  I was dating my first boyfriend, Bill, who was good friends with Doug.  I used AOL instant messenger a lot at college to communicate with my friends.  I still to this day don't know for sure how, but somehow, Doug's screen name ended up on my buddies list.  My roommate and Bill were both friends with Doug so I have no clue.  One day, in between classes, I sat down at my computer and my "Buddy List" was up.  I scrolled through it and came across the screen name "Smurfberry32".  I can be forgetful sometimes, but I could not recall that name, or how I could have gotten it.  So I clicked on the name and sent a message.  It was dumb, but I was curious.  I simply asked who this was.  He responded by asking who I was because I had wrote him.  I told him who I was and he told me his name was Doug Benedict.  That was the end of our conversation.  It was time for lunch and my roommate and I headed down to the cafeteria for lunch.    We finished eating and went to take care of our trays when I was approached by a guy.  He walked right up and said, "Hi Sarah, I'm Doug."  I was a little freaked out.  How did he pick me out of a whole bunch of people and know that I was Sarah???  I figured he was some kind of a stalker or something.  Later I found out that Bill had pointed me out to him so he knew who I was that way.  It is fun to think back on it and laugh!  So there is our story!!!

3 comments:

PineappleMama said...

that's funny! God brings things about in mysterious ways, doesn't he :)

~:.Tasia.:~ said...

Haha, that's cute. Such a memorable first meeting.

Kendall said...

hehe that is funny and I think I'd be a bit freaked out too! The first things my husband ever said to me (On a messenger service like AOL) was "Do you like to travel?" Funny how things happen!