Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our first field trip!

One of my biggest concerns when I decided to start home schooling was that my kids would feel alone.  I joined a home schooling group, although I didn't think it would amount to much.  I was pleasantly surprised!  There were quite a few other kids my kid's ages that belonged to the group already.  We planned quite a few field trips together as a group so that the kids to have some time together.  Last week we took our first field trip as homeschoolers!  It was so much fun and we had a great turn out.  I didn't get a ton of pictures, due to the amount of kids that turned out and the lack of space in the areas.  We went to an Apple Cider Mill and learned how apple cider is made!  The girls LOVED it!!!  They even got a doughnut and cup of cider after the tour was done.  They enjoyed making some new friends and having a morning out!    

Marissa and Madalyn with their new buddy
Isn't it beautiful?

Tried so hard to get a cute picture, but they were preoccupied!
A little better...
...There we go!

Lost Madalyn again

2 comments:

Mama B said...

looks like fun!

Me said...

First of 2 GAZILLION field trips! I remember some days being so social that we didn't even get any schoolwork done, lol! And they say that homeschooling kids don't socialize. Crazy people. . .