Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm back!

It has been a rough last month or so for out house and I deeply apologize for the lack of posts. I was doing so well with them! Holidays are always a blast but always seem to bring with them busyness. It started out the week before Christmas when my mom came and spent 4 days with us. The girls definitely enjoyed her being here as did I. We stayed up late, played lost of games, and did alot of talking. Most of which I don't get the opportunity to do when its just me and the girls. (People may start wondering about me if I start talking to myself!) We had our annual Christmas Eve party and had close to 30 people at our house including kids. We had a blast! Catch phrase was that game of the night I think. Then of course Christmas came and it was a blast this year. The girls were so into it! Although they got swamped with gifts and I didn't think we were ever going to have them all opened! They kept wanting to play with what they had just opened so the adults would open theirs. That didn't last too long before all that was left was the girls gifts! We spent a nice quiet day at the house with Doug's parents and sister. It was really nice and we had a good time. Doug's brother and sister in law arrived on Saturday after Christmas with their two boys. The cousins always have a lot of fun when they are together. My brother and his fiance, my sister and my mom showed up Sunday evening...just in time for Madalyn to start puking! She never acted like she was sick and I started wondering if it was just all the commotion and lack of schedule that had gotten to her. Everyone left Monday morning and Madalyn was good to go. I thought we were out of the woods by Tuesday when no one else had gotten sick...boy was I wrong. I came down with it on Wednesday morning...so thankful it was Doug's week off! Marissa came down with it Wednesday afternoon. Poor Doug had two of us going at it! We were both on the mend by Thursday morning. Doug came down with it on Friday. He was on the mend by Saturday. I'm tired just thinking about all that!
Its been super cold up here in Northern NY! The girls keep wanting to go out and play and I'll be honest...Mama is a chicken! I finally took them out yesterday afternoon although it was 0 degrees out. But at least it wasn't 15 below! We stayed out for about an hour. The dogs chickened out in 30 minutes and asked to go back in. Mommy was ready to go back in then too! I started bribing them after being out for an hour. They came in when I told them we could have hot cocoa! LOL So I don't have any pictures of our fun in the snow...there was no way I was taking my gloves off! I will post some pictures soon though!

2 comments:

Me said...

Wow! I'm tired just thinking about it! I'm glad you guys had a fabulous holiday, and glad that everyone is feeling better. Booo on sickness! Can't wait for more adorable pictures!

Kendall said...

Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better! You certainly were busy this holiday season!