Sunday, January 31, 2010

"God, will you be my friend"

Laurie and Mom rode to church with the girls and I tonight since Dad and Doug had to milk. On the way home, it was snowing a bit and the rode was a little slippery. At one point Laurie, who was driving, went around a corner and said "Whoa!". Marissa pipes up from the back and asks whats wrong. Here is how the conversation went from there...

Mommy: "It's a little slippery out."
Marissa: "Is there ice on the road?"
Mommy: "Yes a little bit, but Aunt Laurie knows how to drive good in the snow so we are ok."
Marissa: "What does ice do to the car?"
Mommy: "It makes the car slide, so it can't go straight and sometimes it can make it go in circles. But we are going slow so we are fine. When its snowing like this out, you can't go too
fast."
Marissa: "But God can go really fast right? He can run super fast even on the ice right? When I get big, I wanna run fast too...Maybe we can run fast together? Me and God can run fast and be friends. Do you think we can be friends? God, will you be friends with me? He said no!"
(Note that she never waited for any responses!)
Mommy: "Of course God would want to be friends with you, He loves you!"
Marissa: "Oh, ok..thanks Mommy!"

I love this age group! I'm sure it will get better with every step and this will be a phrase I continue to use, but for now...I love this age!

4 comments:

Me said...

I love this age, too!!!! That is the most precious story ever! I'm kind of sad that He said 'no,' though :(

Glad you made it home safely! Be CAREFUL out there!

Sarah Benedict said...

She definitely doesn't have a handle on Him yet! I tried explaining that God would never say no to that!

Liz said...

Aww! so cute! Give the girls a squeeze for me :)

Kendall said...

hehe that is so cute!!! Love it. The things they say are quite frequently giggle worthy. :)