Saturday, January 30, 2010

Homemade Bread

Those of you that follow me on Facebook, probably have caught on by now that we have Pizza night once a week, usually Friday and at least one of the pizzas are topped with hot buffalo wing makings. We started out buying crust and making the rest ourselves and then switched to making homemade crust. Well that got me thinking and I started searching for a good homemade bread recipe that didn't require the use of a bread machine since I don't own one. I found one on allrecipes.com and thought I would give it a try. My mother- in-law and I got together on Thursday this week and threw a batch together. One batch makes 6 loaves so we just figured we would split it. I should have had someone take a picture of us making it. We had a lot of fun, but 6 loaves ends up being a lot of dough to hand mix and knead. They turned out great though!

So great that this is all that is left of one loaf! I love the smell of baking bread.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Yum! :)

Me said...

Looks VERY tasty! *drools*

Kendall said...

I love, love, LOVE the smell of baking bread!! I have seriously considered getting up at like 4am every morning to bake bread...then I realize that we don't eat a loaf of bread a day and...4am?! not gonna happen. The bread looks tasty!!