Thursday, May 28, 2009

Madalyn's belated birthday update!

Late again...I'm sure you are all getting used to this by now. I'm only a couple weeks late so its not THAT bad! We had a great time at the birthday party...at least the ladies did. The men where chilling in the living room, I have no idea what they were doing! Gramma Jenkins made the cake again for Madalyn's too. Turned out real cute and always and sooo delicious! I can't believe she is 2 now! I'm sticking with BJ Bailey's philosophy and denying that its even possible. If we all deny it, does that mean she stays little forever??? I wish! My girls are getting so big! I'm so privileged to be able to stay at home with them and savor every second. Hopefully the economy doesn't rip that privilege from me...stupid money anyhow! So, about Madalyn...nothing much is new. She had hit "terrible twos". Most days its not so bad. She is definitely at that testing stage. But most of the time if you tell her that isn't allowed her response is... "Oh....sorry!" So cute! She is potty trained most days. We still have off days where I just want to throw the towel in and give up! A lot of that is just us being at the barn or out doing whatever and she just can't concentrate on it. Too much other stuff going on. She has started trying to sing the ABC's with Marissa and is doing pretty good. Marissa at least a couple times a day makes her repeat the letters so she can "learn them better." She also makes Madalyn recite the first 8 books of the Old Testament with her so she can learn them too. I'm going to get that on video soon and post it for you to all see! Madalyn totally impresses me with the stuff she knows and remembers. We were up at the barn the other day and I was walking through the barn checking for heats with Madalyn and all of the sudden she yells out "its Kid!" Sure enough there she was...out of 140 cows, she picks out Kid. I thought that was pretty good. Marissa has 3 cows now that she knows by sight...Kid, Friendly and Pootie. She named the last two...I named Kid. I haven't met Pootie yet, but I know her number is 130. Goes to show you they don't all look the same, even if they are all black and white! Well I guess thats it for now...now for the pictures! I included some updated ones of our little furry foster kids!

Ashley


The whole crew



Kisses after feeding





Reading stories and Chloe bound and determined to steal the attention!

Present time!

She wouldn't let anything hit the ground!




BABY!

Grace very entertained with the paper!

The fun group...

The boring group



In a daze

"Now what?"

Very unsure

Blowing them out

Stealing some frosting per Ms. Bonnie's advice

Going in for a second dip and Marissa is just sure
she is going to get yelled at one of these tries!

Digging in!

Messy face

No comments: