Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Since the complaints have started...

I decided I would get up bright and early this morning and get everything together to do a post.  Thats right Chelsea...I have been up since 4 am just for you... don't you feel special!  Life has been a little crazy around here but has been a lot of fun!  Of course I missed most of it with the camera, but thats oh well, what can you do!  I have started to realize that I need two of me or something.  Its so hard to participate with the girls and catch stuff on the camera, mostly for fear of smashing or somehow damaging the camera while having it on me during these activities.  Sunday, January 18th, we took the girls ice skating for the first time.  They had little carts they could push around the ice.  Madalyn just wore her boots since they don't make ice skates that tiny, but Marissa wore skates.  They both had a blast and just kept saying "FASTER" as Daddy and I pushed them around the rink.  Wednesday, January 21st Jonathan and Liz arrived to spend some time with us.  We had so much fun with them and very much appreciated their taking time out of their busy schedules to drive 4 hours to spend time with us!  We all got to know Liz a lot better and even though the girls already call her "Aunt Liz", I can't wait till the day she actually joins our family.  I couldn't ask for a better woman for my twin.  We went tubing on Thursday the 22nd and boy was that ever fun.  We wore the kids out, (they fell asleep on the hill) and ourselves.  Doug even got all fancy and clocked one of the trips down the hill and have us going 14 mph.  Marissa even went down the hill all by herself and was oh so proud.  We all had a lot of fun!  Mom and Chelsea came in on Friday evening.  We enjoyed visiting with them and Marissa camped out in the living room for the night they were here.  She thought that was pretty cool!  Sunday, January 25th, Marissa had special music and we got that on tape.  She was all excited about singing but when it actually came to standing up there and singing her got a little shy, but thats okay!  One thing I learned this week was that Madalyn is THE most PARTICULAR little thing I have EVER seen or heard of.  I washed her puppy on Wednesday and dried him.  When he got out of the dryer, Madalyn grabbed him and went to suck her thumb and threw him on the ground proclaiming that he was YUCKY!  So I figured the only way to solve that was to wash the spare puppy as well so both smelled clean.  Yeah, that didn't work.  Then she just proclaimed both puppies were YUCKY.  We went through 2 or 3 days of her not sucking her thumb and not going to bed very well.  I thought we were actually going to break her of sucking her thumb just by washing her puppies!  By day 3 they must have started smelling enough like her by laying in her bed that she took them back.  I'm never washing them both the same day again.  I'll wash one and leave it in her bed till it is accepted again and then wash the other one.  That kid!
Getting ready to go tubing
Marissa is faking
So cute!

 
The Junior Church group singing "If your happy and you know it"

No comments: